Friday, 3 April 2009

Tke Element of Crime - "The Things We Do For Love" EP

This is where the internet seems to give up on me. I was sold this at the time (1995?) on it having some connection to the Blood Sausage / Huggy Bear group of bands who I still love. Digging back through my music, I'm surprised at how much of it sounds like Pavement, who I loved then but don't love so much now. Well, overexposure and all that, and Steve Malkmus got rubbish.

Anyway, back to this. I'll edit a photo in above this if I can get my flatmate to take one (my camera doesn't like connecting to this, or indeed any, computer). It's the dirtiest garage punk I'd ever heard by that point in my young life, and still sounds pretty amazing now. "Soul2", the catalogue number it had on Soul Static Sound - a great label, if the things I have of theirs are anything to go by - is the only number with no entry next to it on their Discogs page. But never mind that, listen to the great great music.

http://sharebee.com/9f6aed82

2 comments:

joe said...

hi, thanks a lot for your comments on my blog - would love to hear that father 7" - what's it called? the only one i knew about was the dancing major 7" on 555... and what was your label? funny to see you've posted this - i just ripped my copy this very evening... cheers, joe / theblackenedair

Novemberer said...

Is this one of those Huggy Bear-related 7"s that came in a v.cumbersome cardboard envelope-cum-sleeve? If so, I think I still have mine somewhere too...